Lauren Samuels Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for Lauren Samuels who came 3rd on BBC's Over The Rainbow.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Lauren Targets West End Shows

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

Lauren Targets West End Shows Empty
PostSubject: Lauren Targets West End Shows   Lauren Targets West End Shows EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 9:25 am

Lauren targets West End shows

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Lauren Samuels is hoping a career in the West End is still on the horizon – despite missing out on the lead role in Andrew Lloyd Webber's next musical.

The Hinckley 22-year-old has spent the past few days getting over the excitement of taking part in the final of hit BBC1 show Over The Rainbow on Saturday – and the disappointment of coming third.

But even though she lost out on the role of Dorothy in Lord Lloyd Webber's production of The Wizard of Oz, Lauren has set her sights firmly on a starring role in London.

"My agent has given me a few days to chill out and get my head back on straight," she said.

"It's been a rollercoaster few weeks and I'm happy to have a bit of a holiday to be honest.

"I've been shopping in Oxford Circus, and people have been coming up to me saying, 'You're Lauren from Over The Rainbow aren't you?' It's a bit embarrassing but nice at the same time."

She added: "I've got meetings later in the week. I'd love to audition for a part in another West End show – something like We Will Rock You.

"I still feel really happy with how I did and it was a great send-off."

Lauren beat about 9,000 other hopefuls to reach the final, but viewers chose 18-year-old Danielle Hope to play Dorothy.

"I'm proud of how I did and I'm so happy for Danielle," said Lauren. "We all had an emotional goodbye in the Dorothy house, but I'm looking to the future now, and hopefully it'll be in the West End."

Lord Lloyd Webber had encouraging words for Lauren when she left Over The Rainbow, hinting the two might work together in the future when he told her: "I've been proud to work with you. You know my phone number and I know yours."

Lauren said she had not yet spoken again to Lord Lloyd Webber, who went on holiday after the show ended.

Lauren began acting and singing at the Hinckley Speech and Drama Studio at seven. In her teens, she performed alongside adults at Hinckley's Concordia Theatre.

Lauren also went to the Guildford School of Acting, one of the top musical theatre schools in the country.

Her first professional role was as Wendy in Peter Pan at Curve in Leicester.

Fan John Shade, 65, from Hinckley, wrote to the Mercury calling for people to support Lauren during the contest.

He said: "I remember seeing her when she was about 17 years old at the Concordia Theatre in Hinckley, where she was the leading lady in Summer Holiday. She absolutely blew me away, and was totally and utterly focused.

"I've got absolutely no doubt that she'll go on to be a leading lady in the West End."
Back to top Go down
https://laurensamuelsforum.darkbb.com

Lauren Targets West End Shows
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Lauren Samuels Fan Forum :: Lauren Samuels :: News-
Jump to: